Morse-Code   |     home
Edrum Housing   |   E-Drum Digital PCB   |   Switch & Analog Mux PCB   |   Analog 1 PCB   |   Analog 2 PCB   |   Edrum PSU   |   Edrum Assembly   |   Drum Head / Triggers   |   Edrum Potentiometer Pedal   |   Edrum Optical Hi-Hat Pedal   |   DIY Edrum Drum Rack   |   Drum Brackets and Cymbal Mounts   |   DIY Edrum Cymbals
Edrum Potentiometer Pedal


This is my frist attempt at making a Hi-Hat pedal for my Edrum project, I decided that I wanted it to feel just like the real thing and not some foot switch... after doing some research on the net (as usual), I decided that I was going to make this one with a chain actuator just like a kick drum pedal....

I kind of hap hazardly drew up a sketch of the pedal frame on my cnc plasma cutter at the shop, I wanted enough clearance for my size 11 foot!! so I cut the frame on the cnc plasma cam, and bent it on the brake, once I had it all done I machined some plastic I had laying around (scrap pieces from an industrial cutting board!) to form a hinge between 2 pieces....
The plastic pieces are a little dirty from being handled in the shop, but it will all be cleaned up in the end....


I cut a piece of  .125" aluminum diamond plate for the foot plate....

the front end of the plastic part was machined to snugly accept a #25 roller chain link in between the milled out track...


The chain mount was fabricated out of some aluminum, that I ran on the lathe at the shop.... I ended up machining an indent on it to accept the chain link.... You can also see the brass bushings I used for the main pivot, I just used a 3/8" partially threaded hex bolt (about 4" long) as the axle....

The mounting tab for the spring return had to be attached to the threaded end of the bolt, I did not want to weld it on, and I did not want it to slip either, so I made the mounting hole for the tab a sort off elongated circle with 2 flat sides, I filled 2 sides of the bolt threads flat with a file and slipped the tab over it and secured it with a nylock nut...



The foot rest plate was attached to the machined plastic with some 10-32 machine screws that were counter sunk into the aluminum plate to keep them out of the way....




Now to find a suitable spring for the recoil and to fabricate a holder for the potentiometer and actuator for it...
Then a coat of paint on the metal parts and it should be ready to go!!
More soon......




Back to Edrum Main Page

Back To Projects Page